This Chicken Baguette recipe we are publishing is a good example of how to make a sandwich following our Guide to Make Great Sandwiches. It’s made with multiseeded baguette, the main ingredient is chicken but accompanied by spinach leaves and cucumber slices to add crunchiness and we use our special chicken mayonnaise sauce to bring it all together.
At Bites Coffee House we use steamed chicken breast in order to keep the fats low and retain the juiciness of the meat. However, this recipe goes well with marinated chicken breast cooked in a pan, chicken thighs which are juicer, and it’s also a great way of using leftover scraps from a roast the day before.
Chicken Baguette Recipe:
Ingredients (1 person):
- 1 Multigrain baguette of your choice
- Cooked chicken breast/thigh
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Slices of cucumber
- Spinach leaves
- Cook the chicken breast in your favourite way. Shred it and mix it with 1 teaspoon of whole grain mustard and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthways and spread some mayonnaise on each half.
- Fill the baguette with the mix of chicken breast, whole grain mustard and mayonnaise. Add some slices of cucumber and spinach leaves.
- Cut in half, serve on a plate and enjoy it!
- Use turkey instead of chicken or chicken thigh instead breast to have more juiciness.
- You can replace spinach leaves for a salad mix leaf and have a fresh touch.
- Add colour to your sandwich with some tomato slices.
- Get a sweet touch and more crunchiness with two or three spoons of sweet corn.
As you can see, this Chicken Baguette recipe is really easy to make, so go ahead and try it! Do you have your own version? Any special or secret ingredients? How would you improve our Chicken Baguette recipe? Share your tips with us, we love learning from others.