At Bites we love this Shredded Chicken Kale Salad. And our customers do too. We usually vary the salads we offer every week but when we made this one for the first time, people liked it so much we had to repeat it the next week.
Kale is known to be a “super-food”, a vegetable which has so many nutrients per portion that eating it is a MUST. We use it in many ways, such as in our Kale Avocado Salad, or making kale crisps to go on the side with our ciabatta. But we never could imagine the success of this Shredded Chicken Kale Salad. Maybe it is the kale well dressed with a mix of sweet soy sauce dressing, or the contrast of the fresh juicy clementines with the chili roasted cashews.
Pay attention to the video because you are going to love this salad.
Shredded Chicken Kale Salad
- Cooked Chicken Breast (shredded)
- Chili Roasted Cashews
- Spring onion
- Brown sugar & soy sauce dressing
- Roast the cashews: Heat your oven to about 160c fan. Chop your chili into small pieces and scatter them over some unsalted cashews on a roasting tray. Drizzle the cashews and chilli with a little olive oil. Roast cashews and chilli for about 15-20 minutes or until their colour changes to a golden brown.
- Soy sauce dressing: add four spoons of brown sugar to 50 cl. of soy sauce. Stir the mix until the sugar dissolves in the soy sauce. Please note; this will give you sauce for more portions. Just refrigerate the sauce and use it within a week.
- Now, the salad: Put the kale in a bowl and add the dressing. Massage the kale with your hands -remember to wash them before-, squeezing the kale to tenderize it which helps also absorb the dressing properly. With this massage the kale will be softer to eat.
- Cook your chicken breast and shred it. Steaming the chicken is always the healthier option and it leaves it nice and moist.
- Put the dressed kale on a dish and add the other ingredients: the shredded chicken breast, clementine segments, the chili roasted cashews and some chopped spring onion and coriander to garnish the top.
- Add a bit more dressing to the top of the salad and enjoy it!
This Shredded Chicken Kale Salad is highly nutritious. To the nutrients in the kale you add the proteins of the chicken and the vitamins of the clementines and the cashews.